Monday, April 2, 2018

Demonetization - How it affected me

It was during the initial days of Demonetization.  It was something new which we never heard of. I remember people were standing in long queues before the ATMs. I don’t know how much it benefited the nation in bringing out the black money, but I can say the common public had suffered a lot. Adding to this, most ATMs were vending only 2000 rupee notes and getting a change for 2k was a Herculean task.



On one such day I had kept leave for my office for my personal work. I was returning home from LB Nagar and I was feeling very hungry. I wanted to have some snacks but I couldn't as I had only 2000 rupee notes and no one had change. I've tried at many places but had no luck. So I was literally starving and my stomach was growling out of hunger.

I've almost reached Madinaguda where I lived. I remember it was Thursday as my mom called me and asked me to buy some flowers and fruits for Friday’s Pooja. Now I’ve left my problem in God’s hand. I felt he should at least help me now to get his Pooja items. But no wonders happened. In fact, how could I expect 2k rupee change from a flower vendor.

I was completely depressed and felt it was a bad day. I was leaving home, but one thing happened that really astonished me.

Two beggars with their children approached me and asked me for food. I had a question mark on my face but I wanted to make a last try. I went to a hotel with my 2000 rupee note to get a meals parcel for the beggars. To my surprise I got the meals parcel and also got 1940/- rupees as change.

At the end of the day what I’ve realized is. God will help you when you want to help the needful.
"Manava seve madhava seva".

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    Text Widget

    Followers